Subject: [Leica] OT: OpenOffice Suite
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sat Jul 1 05:31:50 2006

Peter

I am using oO since several years. I get MS docs very often (from clients
and others) and send my oO docs back (in MS formats like .doc, .xls, .pps) -
no problems so far. The only thing I noticed was in word documents created
with MS that contained pictures which were placed differently in oO.

Try it out. Download the newest version (actually 2.0.3) at
http://www.openoffice.org/ and all you need is to go through the preferences
to get the same settings as your wife or you were used before. This needs
admittedly some tinkering and try & error, but the same happens when you
install a newer MS Office version over an older, too.

Didier