Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Jun 15 11:00:45 2006

At 1:27 PM -0400 6/15/06, Ed Kowaleski wrote:
>Thanks for the note, Don. but I'm still in disbelief.  Do you think this
>might be more than a vignetting issue?  Leica's pdf statement made no
>suggestion that the image quality could be improved in software such as PS
>or any other.
>
>Leica is not alone in being anal retentive about its quality.  I've shelled
>out quite a bit for 21, 28, 35, 50, and 90mm ASPH lenses thinking I was
>getting the best stuff made.  Apparently it is not so.
>
>I'm starting to feel screwed, betrayed, etc.
>
>Ed

It probably is the best stuff made. The 21 and possibly the 28 are
not the best solutions for digital, but they are certainly excellent
and won't let you down on a digital camera. They just need some
tweaking for the best output. Not necessarily a big deal at all.

I think it's too early to suggest anything about "Leica's pdf
statement made no suggestion that the image quality could be improved
in software such as PS". They have not put out the specs for the
Digital M, nor anything about the software included, etc. They have
not talked about meatballs. Maybe they will later, maybe they won't
talk about PS. In any case, PS is a fact of life for most people who
want to get the most out of digital images, and will probably remain
so.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design