Subject: [Leica] AOS 5D full 35mm breakthrough
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jun 15 06:31:29 2006

Frank,
This is just another opportunity to redesign the lens line for the sensors.
>From a business plan, get the digital body out, let the customers see the
disadvantages of current glass on silicone, then offer a much better lens
selection for the new system.  Nothing is obsolete, you just have more
choices now.  This is why the alleged new 18mm and wide Tri-Elmar design
will be coming; Leica can say that the new lenses will perform so much
better...

But with smaller sensors comes a need for fast glass for DOF concerns.  I
will very much want to see a Noctilux on the digital cameras.  Frank, I
believe you have a Noctilux, any pictures at F1 on your RD-1?

Don
don.dory@gmail.com