Subject: [Leica] US Attitutdes to Foreign Lands
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sun Jun 11 17:26:18 2006
References: <a2f8f4470606111047h356806f0pdd63a23d06183b3e@mail.gmail.com> <448B7B92.2020904@hemenway.com> <3.0.2.32.20060611013405.02b5b364@pop.infionline.net> <448C0B94.70404@waltjohnson.com> <A825A3DD-84C0-4037-9182-9A2E06825065@btinternet.com> <DEEE8FFC-7CA5-4959-9659-9EEE3C533E00@pandora.be> <BF68448F-53F9-46A9-BE2E-031AB0F1A4C4@mindspring.com> <a2f8f4470606111047h356806f0pdd63a23d06183b3e@mail.gmail.com> <3.0.2.32.20060611192341.029d242c@pop.infionline.net>

Marc,

That's a pretty nicely put description of our citizenry in this regard.

I remember on my first trip to Europe, the other young folks just
couldn't believe I didn't know currency exchange rates, which I
image played a role in their everyday spending power (I guess this
is no longer true with the Euro). I had just never even thought of
the issue before at that time.

But there are all sorts funny corrolaries of the US being a big,
rich but geographically isolated country.

Scott

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35

Message from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] typical US brains?)
Message from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] typical US brains?)
Message from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] typical US brains?)
Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] typical US brains?)