Subject: [Leica] Leica modifying M-mount for digital M?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Jun 3 12:38:01 2006

RFID sounds like an overkill solution to me - you have to run a
transmitter in the camera body and then "read" the lens. Just a simple
mechanical solution/code would probably work better.

I hear the issues with RFIDs - too much info too easy to get. Although
I thought that generally they transmit a relatively generic, although
unique, ID that then can be connected to the data - so a World Cup
ticket would give some long number that would be looked up - although
packing in address/passport data would be possible - just not a good
idea.

AB