Subject: [Leica] Leica modifying M-mount for digital M?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat Jun 3 11:19:13 2006

Maybe this pulls the right one -I heard a rumour (as I already wrote on
the CVUG list) that it would be an RFID with wireless transmission of
data to the software, you can bet the transponder  would be implanted in
the body and each lens would get an RFID tag.
All sorts of dodgy surveillance tricks are connected with RFID tagging -
for example tagged World Cup tickets transmit name address ID/passport data
etc. to anyone with a suitable reader.
Douglas