Subject: [Leica] Re: lost cameras....
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Wed May 31 18:33:56 2006

Two lost Leicas over the years, fortunately both found!

1) Left my black-enamel M2 with black 35mm 8-element Summicron sitting on a
rock in Monument Valley in 1971. Not so many visitors back then, so I hiked
back about a half hour and found it right where I'd left it. That M2 was one
of the two "Black Beauties" that I wrote about in the LHSA Viewfinder:
http://www.northcoastphotos.com/article1.html
I still have both the M2's.

Then about a year ago, I left an M6 at Patrick's Point State Park near here.
I drove the 45 minutes back later in the day, but no camera to be found!
However a thoughtful ranger had spied it by the trail, and we had a nice
chat at the Lost and Found. I think that it had the film in it that became
the cover for "California Hiking" by Foghorn Publishing, so it wasn't just
the camera that was almost lost! Cover shot is at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/sitbv3/reader/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-2624447-0686441?%5F
encoding=UTF8&asin=1566916887

or
http://tinyurl.com/mmvpa

Best part of working with Avalon/Foghorn was getting to meet author Tom
Stienstra. We hiked and fished for two days together to submit a huge
collection of portraits for review by the publisher. The one they picked was
the last shot I took of Tom with a little three megapixel camera in his
backyard after I had packed up all the Leica and Hasselblad gear!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/sitbv3/reader/ref=sib_dp_pop_bc/002-2624447-0686441
?%5Fencoding=UTF8&pageID=S0F3&asin=1566917409

or

http://tinyurl.com/phjkt

I also destroyed a Nagra-E professional audio tape deck in the ocean one
time. It was only one Nagra, but that's another story . . .

Gary Todoroff
(Tree LUGger and Lympa Logger)
http://www.northcoastphotos.com/Lympa.htm