Subject: [Leica] The View From My Office-
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Wed Apr 26 11:41:56 2006

Most fun lens I've ever used, the 7-14mm/4 Zuiko. Wonderful resolution, too,
as seen by your photo B.D. My last Lympa Log page shows a photo with it at
the extreme wide end (7mm).
http://www.northcoastphotos.com/Lympa_2006_04_21.htm

The kind of depth you can get in landscapes with this lens has no evidence
of the "tricky" look super-wide can often show.  At f22 and 7mm, you
probably get about as much depth of field as a pinhole!

B.D. - this is a lens where you centered the horizon purposely in order to
minimize vertical distortion, not to break good composition rules! If you
pointed it down in your scene, then the buildings would have appeared to be
leaning into the bottom of the picture. You know that, but I thought LUGgers
might appreciate that any lens like this can get weird on you when you don't
shoot level with it. And sometimes off-level is the fun of this lens, too!
Gary Todoroff
(Tree LUGger)

 Robert Meier

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] The View From My Office-)