Subject: [Leica] F%#^$@#K
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed May 31 02:18:29 2006

At 01:55 AM 5/31/2006, Didier Ludwig wrote:

>Ouch, this hurts... fortunately you're at least partially insured. But how
>could you? I live in a country (Switzerland) that is probably safer than
>yours, but I never leave my gear in the car, neither cameras nor computer.

It's no one's fault but mine. We were tired, hungry and sleepy and left the
case on the airport luggage cart. See my other posts (basically, 5
suitcases plus one large box, plus couple bags).

>just curious - will you buy the R-D1 again, or another model?

That's a tough question. My assumption is that if and when the digital M
comes out, I would sell my R-D1 and get the digital M. Even if I get only
50% what I paid for, it would have still been a good deal as I have taken
~10,000 pics with it already. Right now, it would be a tough choice. I
again have the options:
- buy a replacement R-D1 or R-D1s
- buy a cheap but good digital camera for the time being (e.g. Olympus E-1
is quite a bargain now, as is the Nikon D-70 etc.)

If I can be sure that Leica can deliver a digital M to my hands by October
2006, I may go with option #2 or #3. However, as it is unlikely that I will
know for sure, I may go with option #2. As this point, #1 is not as likely
just because the R-D1(s) is overpriced and I know ultimately I do want the
digital M (if it ever does come out).

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] F%#^$@#K)
Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] F%#^$@#K)