Subject: [Leica] M7 jam...
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Thu May 25 10:38:41 2006

At 10:18 AM 5/25/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>While on a trip recently my M7 (bought new, 3-4 y old, no prior
>problems) jammed irreversibly... I could not advance film, I could
>not depress the shutter release...
>
>I took it to the two top places in  Paris, no solution and they said
>it would have to go to Solms... likely for a month.
>
>Have any persons here ever had this sort of problem occur with an M7
>or an M6?
>
>Please give me the details re event, cause, fix, outcome, other...
>
>appreciated,
>

>thanks,  Steve

Steve,
         Your question strikes a sensitive note as I just returned from the
UPS store having sent my M6 to Leica in NJ because it has been jamming.  It
would advance smoothly for approximately 20 exposures on 36 exp roll and
then lock up.  Taking the film out seemed to cure the problem for the next
approximately 20 exposures when it would again jam.  It has given me 15
years of steady faithful service so I guess that it is time for a CLA at
least.
Lee