Subject: [Leica] 50mm Lenses
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Thu May 25 10:30:50 2006

At 11:41 AM 5/25/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Since I own a SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4 (Asahi Optical Co.) lens in M42 mount,
>I have been interested in this thread.  With a Google search, I turned up
>the reference below, which might be of interest to some of you.  It is
>interesting to note that no Leica lenses are listed.
>
>http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/consumer%20products/cameralens.htm
>
>Jim Nichols
>Tullahoma, TN USA

Jim,
         Thanks for the information.  It is amazing to me that several
members of this list have old pentax lenses.  My 50mm f1.4 lens is really
yellow.  Joseph Low has one too.  I did take my Summicron into the
hospital, to the radiology department where the techs still remembered me
and got out their Geiger counter.  My lens is radioactive,  producing .5
milliroentgens per hour.  I cannot remember the formulas to calculate what
part of maximal dose this would be, but if we can believe the experts your
references use, it shouldn't be much of a problem.  The threat of cataracts
does not bother me, as I have traded my cataractous lenses for implants
which work really well.
Lee

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] 50mm Lenses)
Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] 50mm Lenses)