Subject: [Leica] Sepia Conversion
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon May 22 11:11:36 2006

I actually bought it as a noise reduction option. It's a very well laid
out  process, and does cropping, resizing, sharpening and a couple of
other things too.
As a noise reduction process it seems to be almost as good as Neat Image
(which I use as a plug-in in CS2) - as a stand-alone it has a large
viewing window
which has various display options - full, crop, before/after etc. All in
all, a very well made, effective and easy to use piece of software
It's well worth trying the evaluation version but, of course it is a
significant disadvantage that it can't be integrated in PS.
Douglas
I'm thinking of trying the matching option with other print toning
profiles - I just have to find some typical selenium, kaloytpe,
daguerreotype (or whatever) shots to scan in.