Subject: [Leica] Sepia Conversion
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon May 22 05:33:26 2006

Been trying to find a decent way of converting to sepia - particularly
the sepia tones shown in Frank Meadow Sutcliffe pictures.
I think I may have found it - The stand alone, Pure Image, has an option
to match images to a colour profile.
Step 1 convert original image to BW (but still in RGB NOT Grayscale)
Step 2 Create a profile of a scanned Sutcliffe original
Step 3 Match BW shot to the profile

Let me know what you think,
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Image1_2
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Image1_2_BW_NR

Cheers
Douglas

Technical stuff : Leica M6, Canon  1,9/85mm  (screw mount), Kodak
Ektachrome 400,

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Sepia Conversion)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Sepia Conversion)