Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 19 A pause in the conversation
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon May 15 17:30:37 2006

Steve,
She is incredibly happy with her choice of schools.  She has kept loose
touch with her high school chums at such piker schools as Dartmouth, Yale,
Princeton, Penn and appreciates the atmosphere of Chicago.  The self
selection that occurs with applicants who understand that there is no mercy
because they are "smart" and the openness of Profs to conversations with
mere freshman make it one of those special schools.

As to major, that is in flux.  Medicine was ruled out this quarter as she
had a neurobiology course taught by the proverbial brain surgeon who really,
really loved his work.  The issue was the long involved descents into arcana
of brain anatomy that required intervention by the TA's to interpret.  What
made her decide against is the long vocab required just to play.  Fields
open at this point would be psychology, sociology, and law.

As to proud, I am not sure I can take pride in another person.  She has an
incredible ability to cut through nonsense and chaff to calm groups, lead
quietly without those being led knowing why they decided to go some route
instead of another.  Who knows with todays world where those abilities will
lead?

Thank you for remembering.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com