Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: Ni-MH battery woes
From: joelct at singnet.com.sg (Joseph Low)
Date: Thu May 11 00:09:42 2006

            Dan

            I did some research on your woes - here's what I discovered:

1. The first charge takes at least 6 - 8 hours
2. Sanyo hold the world's technology on NiMh rechargeables
3. After full charge - let them cool off - then store them in the fridge -
The charge stays if the batteries are cool - remember to bleed before
recharging.

4. To use them in the field - store them in portable soft coolers ( the 6
pack )
type with a frozen ice pack inside to maintain the cool temperature
5. Latest Sanyo NiMh AA batteries come with 2700mAh - I have been
      using them since the first series  2000mAh - no problems so far

6.   Cheapest source Singapore - Mustapha of course!

Hope this helps

Joseph Low / Singapore