Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: Ni-MH battery woes
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Wed May 10 19:43:51 2006

Actually, it's not the "memory effect" that is causing what you describe,
but it is caused by an improper charger.

A proper charger should stop charging when it detects that the battery is
fully charged, not just by using a timer.  Most chargers on the market do
not do this, and end up over charging, overheating the batteries, destroying
them.