Subject: [Leica] 75-90mm lenses - Opinions
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed May 10 22:22:05 2006

> 75/1.4
> 90/4
> 90/2.8
> 90/2
>
> Of course, the faster the glass, the more expensive it is. I doubt that I
> will be shooting smoky, dimly-lit pubs with this. So speed is not that much
> of an object. Does one of these stand out among the others? If the fast
> glass is the glass with hair-raising quality, I will consider [choke!] the
> cost as secondary.
>
> BTW, 90mm seems to be the length LEAST used by LUGers, at least in PAW
> postings. It isn't THAT long......
>
> Jeffery Smith
> New Orleans, LA
> http://www.400tx.com

I'd not read all the other posts just this original....

For sure the LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-M ASPH f/2/75 mm   32? 7/5 0.7 m   430 g!!!

Not saying this to be funny or the devils advocate this is what I really
think you, me and the film loving world needs.

This is the lens I most want. I believed it's probably the
"sharpest" best image producing at any speck short tele that exists in 35mm
photography. I doubt know just a vibe I get. Much from Erwin. And I don't
have it. I've got the Asph apo 90. Sure it gives you that warm all over "I
can shoot the heck out of anything" feeling. But the 75 would it would seem
to me to be a much more friendly and usable focal length on many accounts.
Great for world domination.
I think I might get it to accompany me to my trip to Wetzlar and Solms come
October.

Mark
"Rabiner"