Subject: [Leica] 75-90mm lenses - Opinions
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon May 8 17:47:03 2006

I have every conceivable possible lens between 15mm and 50mm (with a lot of
weight skewed toward the 50mm end). However, I have only two lenses past
50...a 90/2.8 Hexanon (which is "very good") and a 75/2.5 Heliar (which is
"very good"). I would like to have something excellent longer than 50. It's
a length I don't use enough. Since Zeiss Ikon apparently stopped dead in
their tracks at 50, I pretty much have the following choices in Leica glass:

75/1.4
90/4
90/2.8
90/2

Of course, the faster the glass, the more expensive it is. I doubt that I
will be shooting smoky, dimly-lit pubs with this. So speed is not that much
of an object. Does one of these stand out among the others? If the fast
glass is the glass with hair-raising quality, I will consider [choke!] the
cost as secondary.

BTW, 90mm seems to be the length LEAST used by LUGers, at least in PAW
postings. It isn't THAT long......

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com