Subject: [Leica] photographers who do not want to be photographed
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sun May 7 13:08:42 2006

i was at ye local PLUG meeting last week (we meet every third wednesday at
'jiggles' -- a strip club under the bridge over by the landfill, if you'd
like to come, tell Bolt, the biker at the door, that you're with the camera
club, that way he probably won't mace you, which is usually his response to
an unfamilar face -- he assumes anyone who's not sweating and twitching is a
Narc) and while we were doing the portfolio review (usually this is time
spent flipping through the back pages of the free weekly and comparing the
photos we'd had published of transvestite hookers and greased models
advertisng same-sex chat lines and passing around brown paper envelopes
filled with long-lens telephoto shots of local officials and people not
their wives) i pulled out my leica and snapped a few photos of the group --
one of the PLUGgers lifted her head up from where she had been disgorging
the contents of her stomache (largely consisting of beer and what appered to
be whole, undigested "cheetoes") into a bucket and barked at me: "i do not
appreciate having my photo taken." i burst out into great peals of laughter
that lasted some long minutes (i can only guess as to how long i actually
laughed but i do recall that as i began i could hear the first strains of
'Dazed and Confused' from the 'Song Remains The Same' live album begining
their weepy tintintabulation on the juke box and by the time i was able to
dry my eyes and continue we were half way through 'Brown Eyed Girl').
"neither does Sean Penn, you twit" i said, "i was actually only pretending
to take _your_ photo because i didn't want to make you self conscious about
your truely ghastly apperance, fret not, your grim and horriffic visage will
not be appearing on the pages of People Magazine, causing children to run
screaming in terror and old people to wet themselves. move to france, you
troglodite." i was expecting applause from the other PLUGgers, but the only
response was a single, extended and racous belch and a call to the bartender
for more beer, but that's the way things usually go around here.

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) (spam: [Leica] photographers who do not want to be photographed)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] photographers who do not want to be photographed)