Subject: [Leica] PESO...a few new Leica shots posted
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue May 2 08:01:29 2006

Gene said:
> The BW400CN works very nice.  But it does require proper processing.  My
> first rolls were bought and processed in Germany, and were terrible.  When
> I > got back home, I tried it again and it was just great.  It is the only
> B&W film I
> use anymore.<<<

Hi Gene,
I know it to be an excellent film as I did an assignment on Medical
Veterinarians coast to coast a few years ago. But the pro lab I used then
was in full operation and nary a spot on the 80+ rolls of negs.

However, I did find the film prone to the tiniest of scratches. So returned
to the hardier base of Tri-x and souping my own. That is until I sold most
of my darkroom materials and equipment recently.

Requiring if I shoot B&W I'd have a go at the BW400CN. However, the problem
is, now must find a lab I can trust that wont screw-up the film in
processing as was the case the other day with crud all over the negs.

Either that, or shoot B&W digital. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] PESO...a few new Leica shots posted)