Subject: [Leica] wiping wet negs
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Apr 16 16:04:30 2006

I always wonder.. why do you wipe the negatives?   What issue do you have
that you feel requires this action?

PhotoFlo or Edwal LFN, is all you should need.  If you find some residue,
cut the amount of PhotoFlo in half and try again... do this by either less
drops or make up a solution that istwice the volume of water, or make it up
as you normally do and throw half out and fill with water...  all of these
solutions cuts the dilution to 1/2.

BTW, I find the Edwal product less foamy.  If you add 1-2 ounces of alcohol
( rubbbing, not Scotch) to the mix, the negatives dry faster.

Ted is right.  Nothing touches negatives physically.  Nothing.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net