Subject: [Leica] Re: New Orleans photos--Q for Jeffery
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Tue Mar 28 15:40:44 2006

Oh Lord, don't make me find that Erwin quote (his narrative is very
un-textbook-like, and I have to read entire chapters to relocate
information...he needs to work on his index). If my recollection is correct,
high contrast and high resolution would be ideal, but in the real world of
lenses, one has to compromise one to get more of the other. So, in any
particularl lens, the designer has to decide which is more important...the
resolution or the contrast.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com