Subject: [Leica] Re: New Orleans photos--Q for Jeffery
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Mar 27 19:21:22 2006

Jeffery,
I believe Erwin states that you can not have high resolution without high
contrast.  Simply, the lens can not show fine detail without the ability to
deferentiate between extremely small differences and that takes a high
transfer function or contrast.

My personnal belief is that older lenses have a much larger core to focused
points.  Even when in focus there is a ring of information around the sharp
point caused by residual aberrations.  As the lens resolves finer and finer
points these circles of confusion intermingle causing a loss of contrast.

Your current lens choices will serve you proud in your endeavor. That look
is one reason that I will never sell my DR.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Re: New Orleans photos--Q for Jeffery)
Message from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Re: New Orleans photos--Q for Jeffery)