Subject: [Leica] Re:Tilly hats
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Mar 26 14:37:31 2006

This morning's Doonesbury was a hoot.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+jsmith342=cox.net@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+jsmith342=cox.net@leica-users.org] On Behalf Of Peter
Klein
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:30 PM
To: lug@leica-users.org
Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Tilly hats

I'd guess I'd better come clean.  I wore a Tilley hat and a pair of
Mephisto walking shoes long before I joined the LUG.  Practicality, not LUG
Geek Chic.

The Billingham bag was an unexpected find.  I'd been thinking about
something to replace my Lowepro waist pack.  It tended to emphasize a
stomach that needs no further emphasis!  One day I was in Glazer's, and
spotted a "display model" Small Hadley bag, on sale for 40% off. I took one
look and said "mine."  It's a great bag--comfortable, reasonably
rain-resistant, and carries just the gear I need without encouraging me to
add too much.

However, I do not drink Scotch, use a fountain pen, drive a German car or
wear a Swiss watch.  As for He of the Undisclosed Location, I doubt either
of us would enjoy each other's company.

;-)

--Peter