Subject: [Leica] WAS: enough with Olympus NOW HCB
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Mar 22 08:28:09 2006

Again, Walt - I believe in the falling/dying soldier.
BUT - aside from his apparently having been a hell of a lot of fun, and the
ultimate ladies' man, IF the dying/falling soldier was faked, then I no
longer know what to believe in terms of the rest of his war photography.

And as to the question about who among us is so perfect as to not be called
into question...It has nothing to do with being perfect; it has, instead, to
do with the honesty with which we ply our 'trade,' and our reputation for
honesty. I would never claim to be as skilled, or as brave/fool hardy ;-), a
photographer as Capa. I would never claim to be perfect in any way, either
in my personal or professional life. But I can tell you that in my 23 years
as a reporter, and now as a photographer, I've literally never had anyone
call the veracity of my work into question - suggest that I made something
up, faked something, etc.

And on that note, I'm bowing out of this one - because we each have our
opinions - and we're stickin' to 'em. :-)