Subject: [Leica] I bought an Epson R2400 - & colour matching
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Thu Mar 16 01:35:41 2006

Ken, I haven't ever printed a black and white pic, so I can't say.
But, from what I've seen I'd be suspecting that the best results will
come from printing through the Epson software rather than the
Photoshop File/Print commands.  For starters, the Photoshop software
doesn't ask what kind of paper is loaded, to ensure the right inks
are also in use.  The Epson software only allows certain kinds of
paper to be selected according to which black inks are installed.
The cartridge  for gloss or the one for matt paper.  For the moment
I'm only using archival matt paper, for colour prints.  I should pair
up with someone who only uses gloss, and trade the unused black
inks!  :-)

The differences in quality I've seen between using Epson print
software and Photoshop Elements 2.0 directly are very noticeable.
Chalk and cheese.  But, it could simply be that I'm not using
Photoshop Elements properly.  Still, I don't intend to waste a whole
lot of ink and paper exploring this.

Give the Epson Easy Photo Print (For X - in my case with my mac) a
try.  Its easy and good.  And works even better once colour matching
is activated.  :-)

Rick.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Nature