Subject: [Leica] I bought an Epson R2400
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun Mar 12 15:33:32 2006

Friday I bought an Epson R2400 inkjet printer and some Hahnem?hle digital
fine art papers for it. It took me a while to wade through and understand
all of the configuration issues that go along with fine-art paper, but I
have it down now, and I've made about a dozen 11x17 black-and-white prints.

I was always partial to the G finish on silver photographic paper; never
much cared for E or F or X, and sometimes used R in special circumstances.
The Hahnem?hle William Turner paper sure does print up like Kodabromide G
used to. I've started scanning a few old (IIIf) negatives to make inkjet
prints of shots that I did exhibition darkroom prints of. They look
different, of course, but both look magnificent.

I bought a 2400 instead of a 4800 because I didn't have physical space for
the 4800. Maybe someday by the time I do have that much space, there will be
an even-better printer that will hold 9 ink cartridges instead of just 8.

My darkroom is probably going to get a little lonelier.

Brian

Replies: Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] I bought an Epson R2400 - & colour matching)