Subject: [Leica] I bought an Epson R2400 - & colour matching
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Wed Mar 15 01:21:51 2006

Hi Brian,

Good choice.  I posted some lessons learned with my R2400 in the
Leica Forum the other day.  Basically, I'm getting much better
results from using the Epson software to print (Epson Easy Photo
Print in particular) than I got when printing directly from
Photoshop.  Much smoother prints with better colour.

I've also been mucking around with colour matching and found that it
works best when it's switched on.  hehe.  I'd not been getting good
colour results and so looked into the matter, only to discover that
I'd not activated 'full colour matching' in Photoshop Elements 2.0.
So I switched in on under 'Preferences' and now the files are
converted to the Photoshop colour space of Adobe RGB upon opening.
Seems to work better.  Basic, I know, but I'm new at this.

I'd be happy to hear of people's colour matching tricks and tips.

Rick.