Subject: [Leica] boring question: canon lens on R8?
From: leicaluvr at comcast.net (leicaluvr@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Mar 15 23:37:26 2006

Sorry if someone's already said this, but an R lens works on an eos with an
adapter because the flange-to-film distance is shorter on the eos than the R
body by the thickness of the adapter.  It wouldn't focus to infinity the
other way around.  No R to NIKON b/c difference is too small to be able to
fit the adapter in there.

That was one of the justifications for making a new lens mount for Canon AF
- shorter  flange-to-film and wider diameter flange is more versatile for
wideangle and high speed lenses.

Tom Schofield

From: "Eric Korenman" <faneuil@gmail.com>