Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW 10: The Great Outdoors
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Sat Mar 11 10:52:34 2006

Ted,

I also thought of Japanese work, although I was thinking of painting, both
when I made the exposure and when I saw the result.  So I'm glad you got a
similar impression.

A month or so ago I saw a *huge* (as in 30 feet tall) enlargement of a
bamboo forest photo taken by filmmaker Wim Wenders.  It was truly
beautiful, but it was almost too sharp...I think one of the most beautiful
things about bamboo is the way it sways back and forth in the wind...that's
what I was trying to photograph.  Although I think it misses something
without the rustling sounds.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Aaron

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Aaron's PAW 10: The Great Outdoors)