Subject: [Leica] Another great Leica photographer passes.
From: pj at GoodPhotos.com (Michael Eric Berube)
Date: Fri Mar 3 08:28:45 2006

http://www.boston.com/news/local/maine/articles/2006/03/01/former_magazine_photographer_artist_dead_at_82/

One of the 20th Century better photographers died at 82 at his home in
Falmouth, ME on Tuesday.

Mr. Vernor Reed had lost his ability to make photographs to the advance of
macular degeneration in 1996, but in the few brief discussions that we had
when he came to the PhotoMarket seeking a market for his well experienced
Leica outfit and a few followup visits, I found him to be genuine, modest
and truly fascinating.

He worked for Life magazine for over 125 assignments but most recognisable
to me were his assignment photographs documenting Sen. Jack Kennedy's
campaign for the US Presidency.

Mr. Reed's website is here:
http://www.vernerreed.com/

Take a few moments today if you get a chance to admire this man's work.
--
Carpe lumen,
Michael Eric Berube

A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands
and his brain is a craftsman; but a man who works with his hands and his
brain and his heart is an artist.
~Louis Nizer, American lawyer

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] Another great Leica photographer passes.)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Another great Leica photographer passes.)