Subject: [Leica] OT: I am one step closer to Ted Grant...
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 27 21:44:10 2006

In a message dated 2/27/2006 11:29:42 P.M. Central Standard Time,
richard-lists@imagecraft.com writes:

"Well, it turns out that the uni I tried the first
couple times (at  the same restaurant) mustn't have been the freshest."
==================
Even this ole redneck knows that you use Uni to lay down the gauntlet to
the
Sushi chef.  Always ask for Uni as your first sushi.  If they  have fresh
Sushi, they will smile and have great expectations from you as a  customer.

If the uni is fresh and nice, they will proudly serve it.  If not,  they
will
warn you that it is not good, and then you can move on to other  goodies,
like smoked eel roll, which sounds dangerous, but is quite tasty.

If you say, (somewhere between the smoked salmon and octopus,) "I'll try
the
uni," They will smirk, and get the oldest box and dole out all you'll
endure.  Try it.

One time I did that in a San Francisco Sushi bar, and then we went to a
Japanese bar nearby. A few minutes later that entire Sushi staff came in,
and
bought us saki, which we drank out of little wooden boxes until we became
numb
to the cold summer nights of San Francisco.  I don't speak Japanese, but my
friend did, and she assured me they were impressed

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana