Subject: [Leica] OT: I am one step closer to Ted Grant...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Mar 2 15:07:06 2006

Richard offered:

> Ah heck with that, I am just myself: anyway, I am one step closer to Uncle
> Ted. Previously I said there are two Japanese foods that don't really
> speak to me, Uni and Natto. Well, it turns out that the uni I tried the
> first couple times (at the same restaurant) mustn't have been the
> freshest.<<<

Well nephew Richard, ;-) We still are far apart when it comes to Uni!

Man if there's one piece of Sushi I can't handle it's "Uni," fresh fresh or
otherwise! Aaaaaccckkkkk!  It's like a mouthful of sand! I've tried it
totally sober and well enhanced with sake and it's the same.. "FORGET IT BIG

It and mackerel are the only two I've ever had, that near made me throw-up.
Yes Uni is considered a fine delicacy by my many Japanese friends, but
nobody has been able to get me to try it again, after the first few times.
Like just the thought of it near makes me .... well you know. ;-)

All the rest of it? Man I can sit for hours and eat more in volume than
almost any other food. Or maybe it's the hot sake! ;-)

ted