Subject: [Leica] Computer Shelving
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon Feb 27 11:39:31 2006

2006-02-27-13:54:10 Tina Manley:
> Can anybody recommend some sturdy, not too expensive,
> computer shelving units that will help me get everything organized?

While they're not marketed explicitly as computer furniture, friends and
I find the Metro series of adjustable, wire-racked shelves really
useful, whether as a home equipment-rack alternative (when you have stuff
meant to bolt into a rack in a datacenter, but you don't need every bit
of a rack's high density), or for other large, potentially heavy items.

The shelves can be adjusted at inch intervals, the feet are
screw-adjustable to avoid wobbling, and they're nice and strong.

One place to get them is at The Container Store:

  http://www.containerstore.com/browse/index.jhtml?CATID=13371

The Container Store has another version of these (called Intermetro)
with finishes whose colors you might prefer to the plain bright metal of
the commercial Metro shelves;  but the Intermetro line doesn't seem
*quite* as brute-sturdy, and the finishes might chip off with heavy
use.