Subject: [Leica] Different ways of looking at the same thing -
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Feb 20 19:32:19 2006

B. D. offered:
>> At the MFA... http://gallery.leica-users.org/album368 <<<<

Hi B.D.,
I'm all for milking a scene or location to death for every picture
possibility one can get out of it. In many cases it isn't until your photos
are on the light table do you really appreciate the best or better one.

My first choice is # 1, single human being on left. It feels like everything
fits, certainly compared to #4... too many humans and #5 with the guy
looking at you and camera.

However, this doesn't mean one shouldn't bother shooting them even when
there's a limited amount of motivation to do so. Simply because as I say,
one never knows until you see the slide or neg on a light table for editing
and contact printing.

Neither does the vertical seem to work with the 3 people in the vertical
frame.

But like folks say.. "what's good for one eye may be sweet nothing for
another. ;-) It's still an interesting effort if there was time one could
re-shoot and probably come out with far better photos.  Maybe. ;-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4