Subject: [Leica] HCB - left-eyed?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Feb 20 15:57:22 2006

bruce said:

>>> Maybe ............... put a patch on the "dominant" eye and see what
> the other can do. How does the brain react, can it learn, does the  weaker
> become stronger because it must ..................? Tell me.<<<<

Sorry bruce,
the answer is, it doesn't work after a child is about 5-6 years old! Then if
you try it later in life the nerve of the eye has deteriorated too far to be
brought back.

Wore the patch as a child and got thrown out of the class room for doing
so.... remember this was in the olden days early 30's and anything that
didn't fit into the class as perceived by the teacher or principal of the
day, didn't matter what people think or can do today.

And no, a note from the doctor meant diddily squat in those days.  Some
folks have better luck than others or the correction process is implemented
early enough for recovery to some degree.

Other's it just continues to become weaker and weaker.

But in my case having basically one eye, it's been a God sent gift and
helped me become the photographer I am. It's called thinking positive and to
hell with the world. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] HCB - left-eyed?)
Message from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] HCB - left-eyed?)