Subject: [Leica] silver vs pixels
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Feb 20 08:34:09 2006

For me there is one major deciding factor.

With digital printing, I will make a print. Fewer prints get made if I
have to go in to the darkroom.

Photography for me is about pictures, so the technique that lends
itself to the creation of more pictures in my particular circumstances
wins. Digital wins.

I do plan on going into the darkroom for one of the upcoming LUG print
exchanges, but for an exhibit or anything requiring a large number of
prints ... it's digital for me. Personally I am better at making
digital prints than I am at making wet-prints, so in my particular
case, the quality of the digital prints is higher.

Daniel