Subject: [Leica] silver vs pixels
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Feb 21 04:02:34 2006

On 2/20/06, Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:

> B+W wet darkrooms will never be surpassed by digital prints.  there is a
> place for both of them,  For the artist, making a few prints, and not
> selling any of them, wet is where it is at.  For the professional, digital
> may suffice for his clientele.  Fine.  We can coexist.

And wet prints will never surpass digital. BD has pointed this out so
many times: they are different beasts. It's like saying apples are
better than oranges.

I've seen some good stuff done in the wet-darkroom. None of it appears
to be worth the effort that went in to making them :-)

Daniel

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] silver vs pixels)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] silver vs pixels)