Subject: [Leica] Ballet Tryout Submission Photos
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Feb 14 08:15:14 2006

At 08:26 PM 2/13/2006, GREG LORENZO wrote:

>Are the ballet shots soft? The negs are wicked sharp. The zoom lens I used
>for these could be used to cut frozen butter.
>
>Any idea what the heck I'm doing wrong in the scanning process?
>
>I don't seem to shoot any of the b&w film on Vuescan's Film Profile List.
>Figuring this out prior to scanning the Bluefire negs is not going to be
>fun.

Lovely images! I am not sure if there is anything wrong with the scanning
process. Certainly if you think the scan is soft, then switching software
will usually not change that. As for the Film Profile, my experience is
that just forget about it. VueScan's "generic color neg" setting seems to
work quite well most of the time for my B&W negs. As long as you scan at 16
bits output, you will have a lot of control post processing.

It is very easy to spend forever mucking around in Photoshop until things
are just perfect, but as far as I can see, these images, especially the 3rd
one, is pretty darn perfect already.

use richard at imagecraft.com)