Subject: [Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Feb 8 02:15:44 2006

On 2/7/06, Barney Quinn <bquinn@sgi.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I misunderstood. My reading of
> yesterday's thread on this subject is that Marc had asked several times
> what RIP
> meant. I thought that he was asking because he wanted to know. I can't
> tell a
> NOOKY from a ROOKEY. But, it just so happens that I do know something
> about image
> processing and computing. I thought, as a fair exchange for all the
> information I
> have gained from this list and for which I have never paid a fee or made a
> contribution in return, that I would offer what I could in the way of an
> explanation.

Barney, I thank you for it. I had a vague idea of some of the details.
Like BD pointed out, we all pick up things along the way. Your post
helped me on a few more points. I too have wondered if I shouldn't go
over to RIP software (Quadtone RIP or something) once my present
set-up becomes outdated (Epson C86 with MIS Ultratone carbon inks).

My present set-up will become outdated since it is tied to a
particular printer. Eventually I will need something else, I know.

Thanks from me,

Daniel

If I have wasted the groups time, I am sorry. But, my attempt at an