Subject: [Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger
From: bquinn at sgi.com (Barney Quinn)
Date: Tue Feb 7 11:15:06 2006

I think that Marc should use whatever kind of photographic technology he
wants to
use. It's his art, and his prerogative to make what ever choices will
enhance his
work and allow him to achieve his creative ends. If he doesn't like digital,
then
he shouldn't use it. I'll go a step further and say that I, too, am one of
the
people who wonder about what seems to be a shift from film to digital on this
list. But, I don't want to get into that. I think that it is fair to say
that we
are a leica-centric on-line community rather than  a strict leica-users
group.
But, that's OK with me. I think that the diversity on this list is its
greatest
strength.

I am not one of the Alpha members of this list. I never will be. I don't
even want
to be. I don't often know enough about anything on this list to be able to
comment
on it intelligently, so I don't. Perhaps I misunderstood. My reading of
yesterday's thread on this subject is that Marc had asked several times what
RIP
meant. I thought that he was asking because he wanted to know. I can't tell a
NOOKY from a ROOKEY. But, it just so happens that I do know something about
image
processing and computing. I thought, as a fair exchange for all the
information I
have gained from this list and for which I have never paid a fee or made a
contribution in return, that I would offer what I could in the way of an
explanation. If I have wasted the groups time, I am sorry. But, my attempt
at an
explanation didn't come easily, and it was my attempt to give the group what
benefit I could of my years of experience, just as those who have had years
of
experience in photography have offered theirs.

Barney

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger)
Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger)
Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger)