Subject: [Leica] What's on your table?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Feb 8 00:59:39 2006

You want hot sauce? Try ENCONA sauces from the Caribbean - absolutely
deadly. :-)
even the mild ones make Tabasco seem like drinking water.
http://www.enconasauces.co.uk/flavour.asp
Rajah  Green Chili Pickle isn't bad either, or Patak's Hot Lime Pickle

Or do it yourself: take 250g of Scotch Bonnet peppers, slit them and dry
them in a slow oven, crush(don't remove the seeds)
Fry a couple of chopped spring onions with 2 cloves of garlic in
vegetable ghee, add two tablespoons of tomato puree, a tablespoon of
brown sugar
a teaspoon of dried Fenugreek(Methi) leaves - then,according to how
fruity you like it, add a little orange, mango, pineapple or apple
juice, vegetable stock or water, add the dry crushed peppers, a teaspoon
of white vinegar and simmer (reduce) until it gets thick.Try it and then
add what you think may be missing- more vinegar, more sugar, more fruit
(it won't need more peppers!!)If it's too runny, mix a little cornflour
with water and add this to thicken it.
You can make it with green or yellow chilis too
Douglas