Subject: [Leica] I have given up
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Feb 6 19:34:40 2006

At 08:31 PM 2/6/06 -0500, Tina Manley wrote:

>That's depressing, Marc!  I know you can do it.  Take your basic
>point and shoot and go out and play.  It doesn't cost anything.  You
>can delete the mistakes.  When you have some photos that look nice on
>the LCD screen, take your memory card to Walgreens and have them make
>some prints.  It's cheap and easy.  When you decide you want to do
>more with the photos, get a basic Photoshop how-to book and flip
>through it.  You don't need to sit down and read it all, just use it
>as a reference book and look something up when you have a
>question.  Pretty soon you'll find that you are getting better
>results than you ever could in the darkroom.  Photography will be fun
>again. Then you will be frustrated with the limitations of your point
>and shoot and you'll want a professional digital SLR.  T

Thanks, Tina, for your most warm and helpful thoughts.  However, I have
done this and have found only dismal results with digital and results that
I can easily pound the daylights out of in chemistry.  And I OWN the
darkroom stuff and have the wherewithall to do chemistry without having to
spend $600 foir the latest CS-2 which seems to be confounding everyone else
on this List.

Incidentally, I am receiving a bunch of off-List traffic from folks who
seem to feel that this is no longer a Leica Users' Group but rather an
anti-Leica digital users' group.  Go figure.

Again, let's get back to discussing the alternate facility for the use of
the 50mm enlarging lens on the V35.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] I have given up)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] I have given up)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] I have given up)
Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] I have given up)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] I have given up)
Message from ausdlk at swbell.net (David Keenan) ([Leica] scanning Xpans)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] I have given up)