Subject: [Leica] RE: Recommendations for an enlarger
From: ausdlk at swbell.net (David Keenan)
Date: Mon Feb 6 15:46:28 2006

>I'd like a recommendation for an enlarger for black and white printing

I like the Bessler 23C with the VC printing head.

While vanilla 23C's are a dime a dozen on eBay, I decided that a new one
with the VC head (~$1000 from B&H) was worth it. No more messing with
filters; filtration built in the enlarger head that is selectable for Agfa,
Kodak; Ilford paper, exposure compensation for filtration changes; smaller
and more convenient then the color head. And no alignment problems related
an old enlarger that maybe someone didn't take the best care of.

Dave.
--
David Keenan, ausdlk@swbell.net on 2/6/2006