Subject: [Leica] DMR mk II ?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Feb 5 08:54:00 2006

At 06:19 PM 2/4/2006, you wrote:
Although I did have a 5D in hand, shot some frames, nothing more than
people in the shop and on the street I'm favourably impressed and for
what a DMR costs I could have 2 5D bodies and the use of all my Leica
glass shooting full 35mm frame. ;-) And keep the 20D as a back-up. ;-)

>Then I'd be back to my "using three bodies" at the same time to
>shoot my assignments and other work.;-)
>
>ted.

Go for it, Ted!  There's really no comparison between the 20D and the
5D.  The 5D has more in common with the Canon pro bodies like the
1DsMII.  It's not as big and heavy or sealed as well, but the full
frame 12.8 MP files are worth the upgrade and the new batteries last
much longer than the 20D batteries.  I still prefer the focusing
points on the 1DMII, the vertical shutter button and the battery that
lasts for weeks, but I find myself using the 5D much more than the 1D.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] DMR mk II ?)