Subject: [Leica] DMR mk II ?
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Sat Feb 4 11:27:25 2006

Sometimes I think comparing cameras is like comparing pork and
chicken....and rattlesnake and frog legs.

Rattlesnake and frog legs generally cost more than chicken, but they all
taste about the same.

Even alligator and ostrich tastes like chicken.

In fact, almost anything can be made to taste like chicken. But real
chicken can be made to not taste like chicken. That's where it gets
confusing. It becomes a matter of taste.

I like curry, but my neighbors don't. I don't know why. Maybe their
dinner plates aren't color corrected.

If you're not careful you can ruin chicken. Sprinkle on too much unsharp
mask or you'll end up with chicken that tastes like overcooked round
steak.

Cooking temperature is important. Cook at too high a temp and the center
will still be raw while the outside is burnt. It's difficult to correct
using levels.

One time I added too much color saturation to my marinade. I ended up
with chicken that tasted like rock candy. I'm not a big fan of rock
candy.

Watch out for Moire. It can appear mysteriously, like bacteria. And it's
not good.

If you're a big fan of baby back ribs, pork is your only option.
Although when I make baby back ribs people say they taste a lot like
chicken. But it's fun to eat ribs.

Film is like Tofu. It can taste like chicken, depending on how you cook
it.

Sometimes I like to eat like a vegetarian. It adds fiber to my diet.

Never eat raw chicken. Always cook it first. And remember, two recipes
may not be the same, but they can both be good.

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] DMR mk II ?)