Subject: [Leica] Another, ahem, shot at hockey
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Feb 2 21:44:01 2006

Adam Bridge said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Another, ahem, shot at hockey
>>> Laughing - that 2nd shot - that's CLOSE! But yes, I take your meaning.
> I just have to learn the game better to use the longer lens because I
> can't anticipate how the action is going to flow yet. The 2nd game was
> totally different than the first one (better team being the reason).
> All those patterns out there happening and I have to learn to see
> them.<<<<<

Hi Adam,
Forget all that stuff happening all over the ice, concentrate only on the
action around the goalie and the net. Remember it's all about scoring goals
and the action to get that puck in the net. Period.

Then you're not all over the place trying to keep the puck in focus, you'll
never make it anyway. Trust me no one is that good when a player is in after
burner mode towards the net. ;-)

>>> You'd think that it would be easier with a sport like water polo that
> is to hockey as, say, my Element is to a Formula 1 car, but  it's not.
> Because of the water it's even more complex and while you can see
> faces clearly the flow of the game means everything. I might get brave
> this spring and shoot some water polo - last year was a, well, washout
> in terms of good shots.<<<

Get Brave? Mad in the head is more like it! ;-) Water polo easy? Not on your
life it's the biggest pain in the ass to shoot anytime because you basically
see faces and water splashing all over the place. The true action is....
"what's going on under water!"

And no you can't be in the pool no matter how long you can hold your
breathe! ;-)

I'll take any other sport than water polo, jeeeeeeeeeeeesh not that I'm a
fan of syncro-swimming I'd sooner take my chances with the pretty girls,
their feet spiralling out of the water and clamped noses than any ten days
shooting water polo.:-)

If you decide to do it? "A/ you're going mad. B/ You've gone mad!" ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran) ([Leica] Signing Off for a while)
Message from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Another, ahem, shot at hockey)
Message from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Another, ahem, shot at hockey)