Subject: [Leica] Re: Nuclear power (was RE: LUG Digest, Vol 31, Issue 221)
From: bruent at shaw.ca (Bruce)
Date: Thu Feb 2 09:28:47 2006

> How can used stuff have more radiation than unused? If it had, it
> would be
> usable.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioactive_waste for a brief
description.

> OK, it is concentrated into granules but if you store it deep in
> stable rock
> caves (like we plan to do in Finland) and take into account the
> immense mass
> of stone around the storage I see no way it can have increased
> radiation
> compared with hot uranium mines.
> All the best!
> Raimo K
Some of the past and present solutions to this waste seem inadequate
and short sighted.
Others are more credible, but considering the consequences of mistakes,
I remain skeptical
and would prefer development of other options.

Replies: Reply from jblack at ambio.net (John Black) ([Leica] Re: Nuclear power (was RE: LUG Digest, Vol 31, Issue 221))