Subject: [Leica] OT- LF get-together in the West
From: mstoesz at wyoming.com (Mike Stoesz)
Date: Thu Jan 26 16:36:38 2006

Howdy Bruce and Doug;

The question was asked, "why am I here" in Wyoming.  It is a great
place to live and raise a family.  I originally came here to attend
the university, then worked as a photojournalist/outdoor
columnist/feature editor for 15 years. Then became involved in this
business in 1990.

My jobs as a photojournalist allowed me to work from 3pm to 11pm and
fish or enjoy the mountains and plains from early morning until time
for work.  Unfortunately not anymore since I am tied to this business
about 50-60 hours/week.

Yes, Wyoming has quite a bit of cold/wind/snow but also as much annual
sunshine percentage as Phoenix, AZ.  Even a couple weeksago we had
temperatures near 15C.  We also have had temperature extremes from
-20c to +20c within 12 hours.

This is a great place for wildlife photography as Doug can verify
(absolutly outstanding BlueBird photos Doug), great trout fishing,
uncrowded scenery.  Leicas can be used here too, an SLR is not
necessary but a Leicaflex in capable hands would yield excellent
photos, (on topic).

I can help with visitors information and might even get some time off
this summer if I plan well in advance.

Kind Regards, Mike
http://www.rainbowphotolaramie.com

Message: 27