Subject: [Leica] OT- LF get-together in the West
From: bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce)
Date: Thu Jan 26 15:45:37 2006

I went to the net to look .................. Laramie ................
I had already been several times to my trusty Rand McNally .........
and found an university, musea,, cowfolk attractions ............ but
mostly in the months of June and July. I remembered then that the
major part of the state lies at 1500 meters and above! And
then .............. click (not mouse) ...........

I have good friends in Nevada City, CA (way up in the hills NE from
Sacremento) who find that the modern influx is endangering their
freedom (last 5 years) and are seeking a change of location.

Returning to my biblical atlas, Rand McNally ........... I started
seeking .............. places I would also like to be/view/maybe
live ................ and I came to Wyoming. Constant distances
between the towns. Names I knew from my childhood and study of the
cowboys ................ the Wells Fargo routes across the middle
USA. A state of open, not flat (remember I live in Holland) but
undulating terrain, where there is "room" to move, without the masses.

I suggested it to them. The rejoinder was: "beautiful for four/five
months of the year and for the rest ......... bloody
cold ............. estranged from the world". So, I don't really
know ............. the biggest ranches (in the hands of the
wealthiest people, who are seldom there); paradise ski slopes (but is
there sun too?) ............

Why are you there Mike, after 25 years (apart from the fishing ......
what sits on the end of your line)?
B.